I used rips for many years to help with auditing source code. Lets face it, anytime you can automate a mundane task such as source code auditing, you free up time for other things to be done…..plus if you have ever stared at source code for 14+ hours straight reading line by line by line ….. you know how well automation helps save your vision.
Anyways, today I found a new project at github and wanted to document how I set it up. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a relatively new project, and with any new project of this size and scope … we can generally expect a few things …. lots of development changes and false positives. Even with this being known, I still love the direction the project is already moving … so lets begin.